Sunday, January 12, 2014

Another Village

My tablet got homesick so I couldn't use it for the last couple of days.  Which means I didn't get pictures of the sting ray we had for lunch today.  I'm so sorry because it was quite indescribable. Big bones with smaller ones that were like cartilage. Very mild flavored and good, cooked in tomatoes, parsley and garlic, mmm!

I will share pictures that I took the day of the trullis in another village, named Rototondo.  I love the way it slides off the tongue! Long o's, just pronounce every letter.

The name of Rototondo comes from its circular layout.  Looking back at it across a wide valley, one can see the road winding around the hill to the lookout where we walked and took in the immense view.

But first we pass by an opening that leads to bathrooms, men and women.   

We walk into an airy, spacious, very clean room with a table of neatly stacked maps and local information, complete with paper flowers at the sink!









It's also complete with directions on the door into the toilet!












What wasn't completely clear was that men and women shared the open space and that Laura had just used the men's side.  A huge shower faces the camera straight ahead.




Notice how clean the space is.  This is a public rest room in a lookout/park area.  Not so American?

As we leave, we climb steps to the park area above.  Again, it's clean and well manicured.  It makes one think of repouso!























Repouso will wait as a glimpse of the lofty views draws us to the edge of the overlook.





Notice the roundabout on the highway leading out into the countryside.



I have many more days left to spend in Italy, but I think I'll be hard pressed to see more  beautiful scenery.




And I must add one more....

This is a small piazza roofed by a group of trimmed trees! Open air, shady, delightful!

They were just tearing down a vendor stall for repousa so the picture is cluttered but too good to pass up.

7 comments:

  1. Great post!! The Piazza under the trimmed trees is so neat!! Glad you are having a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's see if I can make a comment...successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue sky and sunshine....C would be impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man, what experiences you're having! I can't look at the pictures more than a second or two because they make me want to forget responsibilities and hop on a plane. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we are having amazing weather. Sunny, low 60's. We thought it was breezy one day last week until we read Montana news...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Foreign bathrooms are always good for a laugh!

    ReplyDelete