Sunday, February 9, 2014

Domesticity

The name will assure you that you won't find a long post here.
Domestic chores hardly bear noting - certainly not my forte!

But I thought you would want to know that Mr. Murphy lives on
and has even accompanied me to Italy!
Such a sticky pest that man lives to be.

Remember my window cleaning adventure on such a sparkling sunny day last week?
The following day provided a different kind of a photo op:




Just another proof that domestics chores waste one's time.

While I'm on such a mundane subject, I want to assure you that Europe offers Americans a valuable lesson.
Let us appreciate our materialistic devices.

I promise to never take for granted three things when I return:

I have yet to acquire a piece of toast without burning a digit.



This one is so funky it's almost fun!
It boasts two burners all right.  But that doesn't mean that you can fit two pans of any type on them at the same time.




Do you consider your clothes dryer a luxury?
Remember these?
It's called a drying rack.  It permanently maintains 
wrinkles and leaves towels really crispy!
Repeat after me, many times:  I love my dryer, I love my dryer.




Even domestics can appreciate a good sunset at the end of day.



You will find tomorrow's post so exciting that I don't know how you will get any sleep tonight.
Forget nature and its beauty.  On to Italian design!
I hyperventilated so you may want some oxygen ready at hand.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I appreciate all my modern conveniences, every day. Your philosophy on domestic work has been mine for a long time. Why do it today when I'll just have to do it tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaha! What a toaster! It looks like it may be some physical therapy device on the side! And what a curious little corner 'cupboard' for the burners. And yes, I DO love my dryer. I don't mind hanging clothes on the line when it's storybook weather, but any other time: give me my dryer! We Americans are so spoiled!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit the only beauty I see is the sunset!! I must say you have helped me appreciate again my appliances!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete